Pratfalls are the cornerstone of comedy. But when a model went limbs akimbo at the Proenza Schouler fashion show last week, no one was laughing. Still, getting around in the four-inch platforms that are so popular now can be tricky.How to master a gazelle’s gait? “It’s all about weight distribution and stability in the heel,” says Tina Aldatz Norris, creator of invisible cushions called Foot Petals. Her Tip Toes ($6.95: footpetals.com) and Heavenly Heelz ($6.95) work best for platforms. Be sure to buy shoes that fit–even allot for extra space. “A half-size equals only 1/6th of an inch,” she adds. “It’s not a big jump.” Got a style challenge? E-mail me at Monica.Corcoran@Variety.com.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut