What has three buttons, no arms, and a fan in Art Carney? The vest. This underappreciated but versatile piece deserves a second look. “A suit vest or knit vest is a great alternative to a blazer,” says C magazine style director George Kotsiopoulos. He also likes to pair a short-sleeved shirt with a skinny tie and a knit vest for a look that is “a little nerdy, but rocker.” Layering a dark vest over a bold, skinny tie is a smart way to show a dash of color, too. Insider tip: Kotsiopoulos buys his vests in the kids section at Brooks Brothers, “If you’re 5′ 8″ and skinny, the blazers fit like Balenciaga,” he says. Got a style challenge? E-mail me at : Monica.Corcoran@Variety.com.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut