Gentlemen: It’s now your turn to say, “Honey, do these pants make me look fat?” The skinny suit, cut sharper than a Swiss Army knife, is all the rage. Designs by Hedi Slimane for Dior Homme are the trickiest to wear unless you’re built like Mick Jagger. “These suits are made for lanky, tall men. Broad shoulders work, but guys with big thighs should avoid the look,” says stylist Robert Behar, who recommends that bulkier types try more generous cuts by Hugo Boss or Gucci. “You can make it more modern by wearing it with a V-neck sweater or a crew neck shirt.” However, he warns against pairing a slim suit with pointy shoes and a skinny tie.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut