J.D. Pardo has booked the lead role in Lifetime telepic “Just a Girl.” Agnieszka Holland is set to direct the pic, based on the true story of transgender teen Gwen Araujo, who was killed by a group of young men when they discovered she was biologically male. Mercedes Ruehl will play Gwen’s mother. Lensing is set to begin late this month in Vancouver.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California