J.D. Pardo has booked the lead role in Lifetime telepic “Just a Girl.” Agnieszka Holland is set to direct the pic, based on the true story of transgender teen Gwen Araujo, who was killed by a group of young men when they discovered she was biologically male. Mercedes Ruehl will play Gwen’s mother. Lensing is set to begin late this month in Vancouver.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania