'D-List' gets third season on Bravo
Court TV is bringing back its top-rated “Most Shocking” series for a second season, while Bravo has ordered up a third helping of “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List.”
Renewal for another 13 hours of “Most Shocking” comes after eight episodes have aired. Exec produced by Bruce Nash, series features crime footage from all over the globe.
November to-date, “Shocking” has averaged more than 1.4 million total viewers and 604,000 adults 18-49 (latter number is up 106% from the time-period average a year ago).
Skein airs Wednesdays in Court’s RED (Real. Exciting. Dramatic.) 8 p.m. primetime action block that launched in January. RED ranks as the No. 10 destination on basic cable at 8 p.m. for adults 18-49 so far this month.
Other originals airing in the block include “Beach Patrol,” “Video Justice,” “Under Fire” and “Hot Pursuit,” all of which premiered this year and have received pickups for 2007.
Court TV general manager of marketing and programming Marc Juris said “Most Shocking” has boosted the net’s entire lineup since debuting Oct. 4.
“We’ve established a pretty successful strategy by launching the action block RED to counterprogram the storytelling-driven broadcast shows,” Juris said.
New episodes are due later next year.
Nash TV’s Debra Weeks, Andrew Jebb and Robyn Nash also exec produce with Court TV’s Robyn Hutt.
Elsewhere, Bravo has ordered six new episodes of “Kathy Griffin” for next year. One-hour is produced by Picture This Prods. Docudrama follows Griffin as she navigates her way through showbiz.