This week has one major debut, “Click” looks on track to near (or exceed) the best Adam Sandler bows. But the real kick comes after “Click”: In the next two weeks, audiences will get the summer’s highest-profile tentpoles: “Superman Returns” and “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.” Most expect “Superman” to have a strong bow; few doubt the core male aud will show up. But while exhibitors are easily anticipating the film, they’re salivating over Disney’s “Pirates” sequel. Most industryites expect a potentially record-breaking opening. And “Pirates” shows strength with all audience groups. In comparison, families and women are still perceived to be up for grabs with Warner Bros.’ “Superman.” That fact could bode well for Fox’s “The Devil Wears Prada,” which is counter-programming with its June 30 launch.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut