New Line Intl. and Picturehouse, the joint distribution venture between New Line and HBO Films, have picked up rights in most of the world to helmer Francois Girard’s upcoming romantic drama “Silk.” Michael Pitt, Keira Knightley, Koji Yakusho and Alfred Molina will star. Script is based on the bestseller by Alessandro Baricco about a 19th century French silkworm merchant who travels to Japan, where he starts up a forbidden romance with a mysterious, sensual woman.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut