The Martin Luther King Day frame will see four films opening wide, but in typical January style, none are expected to make a big splash. Instead, pics with the most riding on them this month are those that played in limited release last month and are expanding. Disney’s “Glory Road” and Paramount’s “Last Holiday” are expected to come out on top in the mid- to high teens over four days. Lionsgate’s “Hostel” will be in the mix for its second weekend, while sixth frame for the leggy “Chronicles of Narnia” won’t be far behind. Also bowing wide are Fox’s “Tristan & Isolde” and the Weinstein Co.’s “Hoodwinked,” but neither pic is expected to make it out of the single digits.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut