By opening a $13 million gap overseas over “King Kong,” “The Chronicles of Narnia” has established its claim as the year’s biggest box office surprise. Not only has it outdistanced the field, but “Narnia” could emerge as the biggest grossing live-action film in Disney history. Worldwide, pic has grosses $530 million — nearly $70 million ahead of “King Kong.” The success of “Narnia,” the first published in the C.S. Lewis series but second chronologically, is spurring plans for a sequel based on the next title, “Prince Caspian.” Granat said work on a script is under way with plans to tap a director within a few weeks.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut