Fred Roos is producing “Street of Dreams,” the true story of Japanese-American gangster Montana Joe. Roger Towne (“The Natural,” “The Recruit”), who has researched the hoodlum for several years, wrote the screenplay. The project has been planned since 2002, he said, but the spreading craze for poker — Montana Joe was a highly skilled player — “has given this highly romantic and fast-actioned story a special currency.” Pic will cover the isolation and oppression of Japanese immigrant society in the California valley farm communities during the Depression; the internment of Japanese Americans during the 1940s and their role in the U.S. military during WWII; and Japanese gambling culture.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut