“Brokeback Mountain” has lassoed in the Producers Guild of America’s top feature award, with Diana Ossana and James Schamus winning the Darryl F. Zanuck producer of the year award. Focus Features’ cowboy romance topped Sony Classics’ “Capote,” Lionsgate’s “Crash,” Warner Independent’s “Good Night, and Good Luck” and Fox’s “Walk the Line” for the prize, presented Sunday night at the Universal Hilton. Ossana’s a first-time feature producer and Schamus is the president of Focus. The genesis of “Brokeback” as a film dates to 1997, when Ossana read Annie Proulx’s short story in the New Yorker while visiting writing partner Larry McMurtry.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut