Hollywood’s turbulent summer is nearing completion on a muted note with a quartet of medium-profile launches this weekend. Warner’s raunchy laffer “Beerfest,” Disney’s football drama “Invincible,” New Line’s kid comedy “How to Eat Fried Worms” and U’s period drama “Idlewild” all debut with only moderate interest among potential moviegoers. Expectations for the frame are in line with typically scaled-down perfs for the final August frame amid the twin distractions of the start of school and end of summer vacations.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut