Hollywood’s turbulent summer is nearing completion on a muted note with a quartet of medium-profile launches this weekend. Warner’s raunchy laffer “Beerfest,” Disney’s football drama “Invincible,” New Line’s kid comedy “How to Eat Fried Worms” and U’s period drama “Idlewild” all debut with only moderate interest among potential moviegoers. Expectations for the frame are in line with typically scaled-down perfs for the final August frame amid the twin distractions of the start of school and end of summer vacations.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California