New Line has acquired screen rights to “Black Dahlia Avenger,” a book by ex-L.A. homicide detective Steve Hodel. The book details Hodel’s investigation into Hollywood’s most infamous unsolved crime that led him to finger his own father as the killer. The deal comes two weeks before the release of the Brian De Palma-directed “Black Dahlia,” an adaptation of the James Ellroy novel. Ellroy wrote the intro to Hodel’s book and declared that the author probably had identified the killer as Dr. George Hodel.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California