New Line has acquired screen rights to “Black Dahlia Avenger,” a book by ex-L.A. homicide detective Steve Hodel. The book details Hodel’s investigation into Hollywood’s most infamous unsolved crime that led him to finger his own father as the killer. The deal comes two weeks before the release of the Brian De Palma-directed “Black Dahlia,” an adaptation of the James Ellroy novel. Ellroy wrote the intro to Hodel’s book and declared that the author probably had identified the killer as Dr. George Hodel.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut