Paramount Pictures has attached Mike Myers to star in “How to Survive a Robot Uprising.” Comedy is based on a manual written by Daniel H. Wilson, a doctoral candidate at the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon U. Paramount bought the book last year and set “Reno 911″ creators Thomas Lennon and Ben Garant to pen the script. Myers will play the lead character, a technical administrator who has the thankless job of sounding warnings against the growing presence of robots and researching ways to keep those robots from taking over.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California