Miramax Films bought the North American rights to Patrick Stettner’s mystery thriller “The Night Listener” for $3 million at the Sundance Film Festival. Deal for “Night Listener,” starring Robin Williams, marked new Miramax topper Daniel Battsek’s first Sundance buy. Pic is based on an Armistead Maupin story about a popular radio host who develops an intense phone relationship with a young listener and his social worker.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut