Touchstone Pictures and Beacon Pictures will team for “Funlady,” a fact-based comedy that has Tea Leoni attached to star. David Duchovny, Leoni’s husband and film’s producer, acquired the life rights of Linda Brewer, an Arkansas woman who raised her daughters by hosting passion parties and selling marital sex toys out of her car. Brewer dropped out of high school when she got married. When she found herself single and in need of a career, she attended a “passion party,” the X-rated version of a Tupperware party, and became a pitchwoman for pleasure, thriving in the Bible belt.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Amnesty International, London, City of London