Touchstone Pictures and Beacon Pictures will team for “Funlady,” a fact-based comedy that has Tea Leoni attached to star. David Duchovny, Leoni’s husband and film’s producer, acquired the life rights of Linda Brewer, an Arkansas woman who raised her daughters by hosting passion parties and selling marital sex toys out of her car. Brewer dropped out of high school when she got married. When she found herself single and in need of a career, she attended a “passion party,” the X-rated version of a Tupperware party, and became a pitchwoman for pleasure, thriving in the Bible belt.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California