Scarlett Johansson will topline helmer Barry Levinson’s heist pic “Brilliant,” the production banners Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films announced Thursday. Pic, which will head into production in September, follows Johansson as a jewel thief who teams up with a conman to pull off the biggest heist in history. However, the duo’s relationship is fraught with twists and turns. Gillian Gorfil and Elizabeth Shorten penned the screenplay, based on a story by Gorfil and Nicholas Lorentz.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California