Scarlett Johansson will topline helmer Barry Levinson’s heist pic “Brilliant,” the production banners Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films announced Thursday. Pic, which will head into production in September, follows Johansson as a jewel thief who teams up with a conman to pull off the biggest heist in history. However, the duo’s relationship is fraught with twists and turns. Gillian Gorfil and Elizabeth Shorten penned the screenplay, based on a story by Gorfil and Nicholas Lorentz.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- ONSLOT, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California