Scarlett Johansson will topline helmer Barry Levinson’s heist pic “Brilliant,” the production banners Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films announced Thursday. Pic, which will head into production in September, follows Johansson as a jewel thief who teams up with a conman to pull off the biggest heist in history. However, the duo’s relationship is fraught with twists and turns. Gillian Gorfil and Elizabeth Shorten penned the screenplay, based on a story by Gorfil and Nicholas Lorentz.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut