It was a better weekend for gore than prestige. Lionsgate’s “Hostel” slashed into theaters with a $20.1 million first-place bow in the first frame of 2006, while “Munich” and “Casanova” failed to connect in their wide expansions. Weekend’s other two openers — Fox’s “Grandma’s Boy” and Romar’s “Bloodrayne” — both opened to dismal numbers outside of the top 10.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut