Warner Bros. will relight the 1944 thriller “Gaslight” with “Pride & Prejudice” helmer Joe Wright making his U.S. directing debut. Based on a 1938 British play by Patrick Hamilton and preceded by a 1940 British film, the MGM classic starred Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman and garnered seven Oscar nominations, including a win for Bergman. It also introduced the film’s title into the vernacular, as the act of “gaslighting” someone means to drive them insane. Pic revolves around a woman whose suitor has designs on her money, and after luring her to a house of horrors, he methodically tries to convince her she is insane.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut