On a slow late summer weekend at the box office, another Disney sports drama took the box office trophy. “Invincible,” as expected, was the only pic to even break into the teens, taking a solid $17 million for the weekend. Last week’s top film, “Snakes on a Plane,” lost significant altitude, and “Beerfest” and “How to Eat Fried Worms” both saw weak openings. “Idlewild” did decent biz on a relatively small number of plays. Indie comedy “Little Miss Sunshine” performed solidly in its first frame in wide release, coming in at No. 3 with $7.5 million.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania