Philip Seymour Hoffman’s dance card is filling up. The Oscar-wining “Capote” star will join Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in Universal’s “Charlie Wilson’s War” and will head the cast of the Capitol Films drama “Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead,” directed by Sidney Lumet. Hoffman will first shoot “Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead,” about brothers who try to rob their parents’ jewelry store, only to botch the job. He will then star in “Charlie Wilson’s War,” directed by Mike Nichols. Aaron Sorkin adapted George Crile’s book about a rogue congressman and CIA agent who found the means to secretly arm rebels to fight against invading Soviet troops in Afghanistan in the early 1980s. Hoffman will play the CIA agent. Shooting begins Oct. 10.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut