Lionsgate grabbing world rights to helmer Chris Gorak’s debut, the dirty bomb thriller “Right at Your Door,” and IFC Films payed about $1 million for rights to “Wordplay” at the Sundance Film Festival. “Door” follows the detonation of a dirty bomb in L.A. and a married man who decides to seal himself inside his home to escape a possibly toxic cloud. Pic stars Mary McCormack and Rory Cochrane. Jonah Smith and Palmer West of Thousand Words produced. “Wordplay” takes a look at New York Times crossword editor and NPR host Will Shortz and the national tournament that he founded.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut