Lionsgate is staging a “Crash” blitz. While most studios consider the mailing of 12,000-15,000 screeners to be a major push, the indie distrib is sending out north of 130,000 — including the unprecedented move of including all members of the Screen Actors Guild and the Writers Guild. The company has pioneered several attention-grabbing marketing techniques over the years, using ingenuity in lieu of a hefty marketing budget. It is also flooding the industry with “Crash” DVDs because it can — the title is already on DVD, so piracy is not a concern. Company is breaking precedent, but not any rules.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut