Lynden Barber’s second Sydney Film Festival, which opens Friday, will be his last as artistic director. The ex-journalist is ankling when fest wraps June 25.Barber said he took the SFF job because “he needed a challenge.” He said he will take a break before considering opportunities in the media or film biz. Barber ruled out a switch to Melbourne Intl. Film Festival, Oz’s oldest, largest and most successful festival. SFF posted a deficit of A$242,000 ($180,000) last year and during Barber’s tenure Jacqui Feeney replaced Cathy Robinson as chairman and Tony Grierson replaced Jennifer Naughton as CEO. Barber steered SFF’s popular move into Greater Union’s George Street plex and oversaw a 5% B.O. rise.