Why is “Shortbus” so short on controversy? Along with a slew of arthouse product, “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” helmer John Cameron Mitchell’s sexually explicit “Shortbus” rolls into four arthouse screens this week on its way to an expansion that could exceed 100 prints. But for a pic that Daily Variety called in Cannes “the most sexually graphic American narrative feature ever made outside the realm of the porn industry,” “Shortbus” has been incredibly under the radar of the usual cultural alarmists.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania