Why is “Shortbus” so short on controversy? Along with a slew of arthouse product, “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” helmer John Cameron Mitchell’s sexually explicit “Shortbus” rolls into four arthouse screens this week on its way to an expansion that could exceed 100 prints. But for a pic that Daily Variety called in Cannes “the most sexually graphic American narrative feature ever made outside the realm of the porn industry,” “Shortbus” has been incredibly under the radar of the usual cultural alarmists.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California