Paramount Pictures has acquired screen rights to the Elizabeth Gilbert memoir “Eat, Pray, Love” and will develop it as a star vehicle for Julia Roberts. In the film, Gilbert plays a woman with a husband, a big apartment, a weekend home and was trying to get pregnant, until she realized that wasn’t the life she wanted. After a painful divorce, she set off on a journey of self-discovery around the world.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Cinelease Inc., Atlanta , Georgia
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, Brooklyn, New York
- Sirius XM Radio, California