Paramount Pictures has acquired screen rights to the Elizabeth Gilbert memoir “Eat, Pray, Love” and will develop it as a star vehicle for Julia Roberts. In the film, Gilbert plays a woman with a husband, a big apartment, a weekend home and was trying to get pregnant, until she realized that wasn’t the life she wanted. After a painful divorce, she set off on a journey of self-discovery around the world.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California