Lionsgate has picked up domestic distrib rights to the first live-action feature based on the popular Bratz fashion dolls. Theatrical feature “Bratz: The Movie” will begin production in February, with Sean McNamara (“Raise Your Voice”) directing from a script by Susan Estelle Jansen (“The Lizzie McGuire Movie”). Film’s storyline will follow four teenage girls who come from different social and economic backgrounds. Looking to empower themselves, they reject their respective high school cliques by banding together and calling themselves Bratz.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut