IFC and the Weinstein Co. are teaming to buy North American rights to “Out of the Blue,” which played this year’s Toronto Film Festival. IFC will release the film, the true story of a New Zealand gunman, on day-and-date label First Take, with TWC handling homevid release through its Genius Products unit. David Gray went on a rampage and killed 13 people in a small Kiwi town in 1990 before being shot dead by police. Feature focuses on the reaction of locals as they try to rescue Gray’s victims, often becoming victims themselves.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut