Sony horror sequel “The Grudge 2” easily topped the weekend’s box office, taking in $22 million off 3,211 playdates for a per-screen average of $6,851. But in the specialty sector, Warner Independent’s Truman Capote biopic “Infamous” seemed to have trouble distinguishing itself from last year’s “Capote.” Pic, which revisits largely the same period in the author’s life and his efforts to write “In Cold Blood,” took in $435,000 from 179 engagements for a per-playdate average of $2,430.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut