All of the incumbents who appeared on Stephen Colbert’s "The Colbert Report" won, even Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.), best known for displaying the Ten Commandments in the House of Representatives even though he could not name them on the show. Many candidates avoided his "Better Know a District" segment, for fear of ridicule, but as Colbert put it, "The owe their victories to me." Sue Kelly (R-N.Y.) declined to appear, but her opponent, former New Orleans lead singer John Hall, did. Hall won. "We got a huge publicity boost out of it," Hall told the Los Angeles Times. "There were so many replays on YouTube. I got more young people coming to my events. It definitely magnified the efforts on my campaign."
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut