For Hillary Clinton’s Senate race in New York, Robert DeNiro, Tony Bennett and Paul Newman taped “robocalls” — the automatic, get-out-the-vote reminders that proliferate in the final weekend of an election season. The New York Daily News has details of the messages, which are already cluttering voice mailboxes in the state. There are plenty going around in Los Angeles to pitch various ballot initiatives. Al Gore has long been such a robo-messenger, but he added a twist to the practice in July when he lent his voice to calls promoting his “Inconvenient Truth,” raising the idea that it will gain some traction as a new way for movie marketers to promote opening weekend films.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut