CNN and NPR have refused to show ads for the upcoming release "Death of a President," a faux documentary which stages a fictional assasination of President Bush. "CNN has decided not to take the ad because of the extreme nature of the movie’s subject matter," the cable television network said in a statement. The British project is being released by Newmarket Films in only about 100 theaters, but it is bound to create even more waves as its release approaches. Not that it would come up as an election issue, but candidates like Hillary Clinton already have distanced themselves from the pic. According to the Journal News, she called the movie "despicable."
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania