It didn’t take too long for Michael J. Fox’s ads for Claire McCaskill to draw some attention, and some bitter words from Rush Limbaugh on Monday, who questioned whether Fox was faking his illness. From the Washington Post: “He is exaggerating the effects of the disease,” Limbaugh told listeners. “He’s moving all around and shaking and it’s purely an act….This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn’t take his medication or he’s acting.” Limbaugh later apologized, but Fox’s political adviser John Rogers called it a “shameless statement.” Fox also made similar ads — in which he criticizes those opposed to stem cell research—for Democrat Ben Cardin in his Maryland Senate race against Michael Steele.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut