Lots of speculation this morning on the performance of "Flags of Our Fathers" and its $10.4 million performance over the weekend that ranked it third at the box office behind "The Prestige" and "The Departed." After a wave of publicity in which Clint Eastwood talked about the "futility" of war, there naturally was plenty of punditry that the public, in the middle of an election cycle where Iraq is at the top of the agenda, is simply weary of military themes. But Par officials caution that the perf was on par with Eastwood’s "Mystic River" opening and that "Flags" older audience isn’t as tied to opening weekend results.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- ONSLOT, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California