The terrifically long lines at the Golden Globes parties this year are sure to become part of the ceremony’s long, checkered lore. “The Golden Globes are not what they used to be,” one insider whined.And that seemed to be a prevailing consensus this year. Miramax’s fete drew plenty of A-listers, like Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese, reveling in their win for “The Aviator,” but other bashes were overshadowed by the laborious effort just to get in (and see that most of the major talent had left). The night’s biggest scene stealer? The agency party. Stars like Clint Eastwood and Halle Berry made quick stops at the various soirees inside the Bev Hilton, then went straight to ICM’s party at Koi and CAA’s at Chaya, where Nicole Kidman snuck in the back door and a glowing Uma Thurman arrived hand-in-hand with hotelier Andre Balazs.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania