Blair Underwood and Henry Simmons (“NYPD Blue”) have been cast in Lions Gate’s “Madea’s Family Reunion,” set to begin shooting in July. Tyler Perry’s follow-up to “Diary of a Mad Black Woman” also stars Boris Kodjoe, Jenifer Lewis and Lynn Whitfield. Underwood will play a successful businessman, Simmons a man with a troubled past.Both thesps will also be seen in Focus Features’ upcoming romantic comedy “Something New.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California