You will be redirected back to your article in seconds

More control at RTL

World Brief

Media conglom Bertelsmann is negotiating to buy newspaper group WAZ’s 7.5% stake in the RTL Group for some E550 million ($656 million), bringing its holding to 90.4%.

The remaining 9.6% is owned by small shareholders.

WAZ has been a stakeholder in RTL Group, Europe’s largest TV company, for more than 10 years.

Deal is likely to be concluded this month.

WAZ, located in North Rhine-Westphalia, publishes mainly daily newspapers and has annual sales of around $2.5 million.

More Scene

  • Taura Stinson, Common, and Diane WarrenVariety

    Common, Pasek and Paul, Diane Warren Reveal Inspiration Behind Oscar-Nominated Songs

    Media conglom Bertelsmann is negotiating to buy newspaper group WAZ’s 7.5% stake in the RTL Group for some E550 million ($656 million), bringing its holding to 90.4%. The remaining 9.6% is owned by small shareholders. WAZ has been a stakeholder in RTL Group, Europe’s largest TV company, for more than 10 years. Deal is likely […]

  • 'Game Night' film premiere

    'Game Night': Director, Writer Talk 'Straddling Genres' and the Influence of 'Get Out'

    Media conglom Bertelsmann is negotiating to buy newspaper group WAZ’s 7.5% stake in the RTL Group for some E550 million ($656 million), bringing its holding to 90.4%. The remaining 9.6% is owned by small shareholders. WAZ has been a stakeholder in RTL Group, Europe’s largest TV company, for more than 10 years. Deal is likely […]

  • Esquire 'Mavericks of Hollywood' party

    Terry Crews on His Sexual Assault Lawsuit: 'If I Don’t Get Justice, Nobody Can'

    Media conglom Bertelsmann is negotiating to buy newspaper group WAZ’s 7.5% stake in the RTL Group for some E550 million ($656 million), bringing its holding to 90.4%. The remaining 9.6% is owned by small shareholders. WAZ has been a stakeholder in RTL Group, Europe’s largest TV company, for more than 10 years. Deal is likely […]

  • 20th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards

    'I, Tonya,' 'The Shape of Water' Win at 2018 Costume Designers Guild Awards

    Media conglom Bertelsmann is negotiating to buy newspaper group WAZ’s 7.5% stake in the RTL Group for some E550 million ($656 million), bringing its holding to 90.4%. The remaining 9.6% is owned by small shareholders. WAZ has been a stakeholder in RTL Group, Europe’s largest TV company, for more than 10 years. Deal is likely […]

  • 'Atlanta' TV show premiere

    'Atlanta Robbin' Season' Will 'Show What Makes the City Tick,' Producer Says

    Media conglom Bertelsmann is negotiating to buy newspaper group WAZ’s 7.5% stake in the RTL Group for some E550 million ($656 million), bringing its holding to 90.4%. The remaining 9.6% is owned by small shareholders. WAZ has been a stakeholder in RTL Group, Europe’s largest TV company, for more than 10 years. Deal is likely […]

  • Mr Chow 50th Anniversary celebration

    Mr. Chow 50th Anniversary Party Draws Stevie Wonder, Heidi Klum & More Stars

    Media conglom Bertelsmann is negotiating to buy newspaper group WAZ’s 7.5% stake in the RTL Group for some E550 million ($656 million), bringing its holding to 90.4%. The remaining 9.6% is owned by small shareholders. WAZ has been a stakeholder in RTL Group, Europe’s largest TV company, for more than 10 years. Deal is likely […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content