Labels add to storm aid
Many artists and several labels have joined in the relief effort for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- “Hurricane Relief: Come Together Now” will be released in mid-November by Concord Records. EMI, Sony BMG, U and Warner Music Group have partnered on the two-CD set that will send at least $15 per sale to the Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity and MusiCares Hurricane Relief Fund.
- Nonesuch Records will release on Nov. 22 “Our New Orleans,” an album of newly recorded songs featuring artists from the N.O. music community. Sales will be donated to Habitat for Humanity.
- Blue Note’s “Higher Ground,” also out Nov. 22, will feature highlights from Jazz at Lincoln Center’s all-star Hurricane Katrina benefit concert.
- Rounder Records released on Oct. 18 “A Celebration of New Orleans Music to Benefit MusiCares Hurricane Relief 2005.” Tracks are from the Rounder catalog.
- Memphis Intl. Records will release “Rise” in Memphis to raise money for MusiCares.