Returning to his roots, John Woo has signed to direct and produce an untitled contemporary thriller set in China for Philip Anschutz’s Bristol Bay Prods. and StudioCanal. No start date or cast has been set for the film, which will be shot in Beijing and focus on the clash between communism and capitalism and the transformation of China into an economic superpower. The story will center on a visiting American inadvertently caught in a struggle between government officials and the secret underworld fueling China’s new economy.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut