MTV Films has tapped Tony Award-winning director-producer George C. Wolfe to direct its untitled Usher project centering on performances and original music by the singer. Wolfe is best known for his 12-year stint as producer of the Public Theater/New York Shakespeare Festival, winning Tonys for directing “Bring in ‘Da Noise, Bring in ‘Da Funk” and for directing both parts of “Angels in America.” He resigned from the Public Theater post earlier this year. Usher Raymond, who has been recording for more than 10 years, had last year’s biggest-selling album, “Confessions,” and won two Grammys. He broke into feature films in 1998 with “The Faculty,” followed by roles in “She’s All That” and “Light It Up,” among others.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut