Trilogy Entertainment and Syntax Entertainment have bought the film rights to Tom Wolfe’s college romp “I Am Charlotte Simmons,” with Trilogy partner John Watson set to write the screenplay. No director is yet attached. Wolfe’s novel follows an innocent college freshman from a North Carolina mountain town who must adapt to the harsh realities of a contemporary university campus. The book, published last year, ranked No. 11 on Publishers Weekly’s end-of-the-year list. Picador USA released “I Am Charlotte Simmons” in paperback in August. Though the book enjoyed some sales success and was No. 1 on numerous college campuses, it drew a lukewarm reception from some critics for its length (nearly 700 pages).
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut