Warner Bros. Pictures and large-format exhibitor Imax are teaming up again, this time to the tune of singing Emperor penguins. The studio will release the animated film “Happy Feet” in Imax 3-D domestically on Nov. 17, 2006, the same date the musical comedy – in the works long before the breakout success of Warner Independent Pictures’ documentary “March of the Penguins” – bows on conventional screens. Warners also will be the exclusive distributor of the movie, about a tap-dancing Emperor penguin, to conventional and Imax theaters overseas. Voiced by Nicole Kidman, Elijah Wood, Robin Williams, Hugh Jackman and Brittany Murphy, and directed by George Miller (“Babe”), “Happy Feet” will be digitally converted into 3-D using proprietary Imax technology.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut