UPN is stepping into the ring on Thursday nights, slotting a buzzworthy Chris Rock-produced comedy to lead off a new comedy block that will push “WWE Smackdown” to Fridays. Rock provides narration (but does not star in) “Everybody Hates Chris,” a semi-autobiographical single-camera comedy about a teenager growing up in early 1980s Brooklyn. It’s the first time the network has tried series on Thursdays since it started programming the night in 1998. Wrestling has done a good job of keeping UPN in the game on Thursdays, but it also made it tough for execs to establish any sense of schedule flow throughout the week.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut