Steven Paul’s Crystal Sky has teamed with Sony’s Screen Gems on a feature adaptation of the videogame “Tekken,” with plans to put the film into production in late fall with a budget of $50 million. “Tekken” is one of two Crystal Sky projects picked up in turnaround at Dimension Films. The production company also regained control of the Marvel Comics title “Werewolf by Night,” which Paul will produce with Marvel president Avi Arad. “Tekken” is based on the videogame licensed from manufacturer Namco. The storyline centers on two childhood friends who enter a worldwide martial arts tournament. As they progress, the pals move toward uncovering a secret that lies within the mysterious Tekken Corp.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut