More than 30 million viewers stopped by Wisteria Lane on Sunday night as ABC’s smash rookie drama “Desperate Housewives” unraveled some knots and then tied up a few new ones with its season finale. A sexy, sudsy slice of suburbia, “Housewives” quickly became a water-cooler show last fall and has exploded into one of the biggest pop-culture phenomena in years, playing a huge role in ABC’s renaissance season. Its hourlong finale racked up the best young-adult rating for a drama episode on any net in three years and the best for an Alphabet hour in more than 10 years. Along with powerful perfs by two other season-enders – “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” – ABC dominated the final Sunday of the season in all categories, including its best demo scores on the night with series in 7 1/2 years.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut