Oliver Stone has chosen “Crash” co-star Michael Pena to star alongside Nicolas Cage in the untitled World Trade Center rescue project Paramount will put into production later this year in New York. Pena will play a Port Authority cop who answered the rescue call on Sept. 11, 2001, along with a colleague (Cage). Trapped in the rubble when the buildings collapsed, they were among the few to be rescued. Andrea Berloff wrote the script; Michael Shamberg, Stacey Sher and Moritz Borman are producing. Jimeno went to work that morning after arguing with his pregnant wife over the name they would give their baby; several other officers who accompanied him died.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania