Selling an unprecedented number of advance tickets and sparking huge audience interest in industry tracking, “Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith” storms into theaters this Wednesday at one minute past midnight. Though 20th Century Fox is maintaining cautious optimism for the bow of George Lucas’ finale to his sci-fi epic, many industry observers think “Sith,” which is opening at 3,661 theaters with more than 9,000 prints, has the potential to shatter box office records this weekend. As of Tuesday afternoon, more than 80% of the midnight shows were sold out. To get into the record books, “Sith” will have to beat “Shrek 2,” which holds the biggest single-day gross with $44.8 million on Saturday.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut