Paramount Pictures has acquired “The Serpent and the Eagle,” an epic project that Ron Howard will direct about the Spanish conquest of Mexico in 1520. The studio has set screenwriter Brian Helgeland (“Man on Fire,” “Mystic River”) to write a new draft of the script in a deal worth about $2 million. Howard’s Imagine partner Brian Grazer will produce.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania