Paramount Pictures has acquired “The Serpent and the Eagle,” an epic project that Ron Howard will direct about the Spanish conquest of Mexico in 1520. The studio has set screenwriter Brian Helgeland (“Man on Fire,” “Mystic River”) to write a new draft of the script in a deal worth about $2 million. Howard’s Imagine partner Brian Grazer will produce.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California