Machines should mean maximum moolah this weekend at the nation’s multiplexes: Fox’s CGI toon “Robots,” opening at almost 4,000 engagements, looks poised to emulate the studio’s success with “Ice Age three years ago. Fox’s extensive marketing push for “Robots” has stressed the star power of Robin Williams, Halle Berry and Mel Brooks and placed the emphasis on the pic’s slapstick comedy, opting for an approach similar to that for DreamWorks’ successful launch of “Shark Tale” in the fall. Fox also is likely to attract customers this weekend via its strategy of attaching the trailer for “Star Wars: Episode III – The Revenge of the Sith,” featuring “Robots” star Ewan McGregor.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut