Fox is waiting more than six months — forever in DVD land nowadays — to release its $126 million-grossing toon “Robots,” but the Sept. 20 debut will mark the studio’s first simultaneous bow for the Sony PlayStation Portable. The release is timed to get a jump on the popular fourth-quarter selling season and is positioned with marketing muscle the studio hopes will keep it on shelves through the holidays. The two-disc DVD will be competing with a wave of new and classic animated movies on DVD in the fourth quarter and holiday gift-giving season, including special editions of “Toy Story” (Sept. 6) and “Cinderella” (Oct. 4) as well as the certain fourth-quarter release of DreamWorks’ “Madagascar,” most likely in November, and at least 15 animated straight-to-DVD movies led by “Lilo & Stitch 2” on Aug. 30.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut